Effective Date: 24/05/2018
This Policy defines the scope of privacy and degree of confidentiality protecting the information provided by users during registration and normal use of Midpoint-security.com (“Site”), its affiliate domains Midpoint.lt, CredoId.com, CredoID.eu and possible future websites (“Sites”), Midpoint Security’s services, software and products. At any time, users can, at their discretion, allow or forbid collection and use of their personal information.
This Policy applies to Sites owned and operated by Midpoint systems, UAB, and its affiliates (collectively, “Midpoint security”). By using the Sites, user provides his/her consent that Midpoint systems, UAB and it affiliates have the authority to collect, use and disclose the user’s personal information according to the rules of this Policy.
Midpoint Security proclaims and accepts its responsibility to protect the user’s personal information. This document contains the rules upon which such information is collected and used, and also the reasons for disclosure of such information. These rules apply to any personal information collected by Midpoint Security.
Midpoint Security’s core product, CredoID access control software, is a tool capable of storing and managing personal information. Use of information stored within CredoID databases, however, falls under policies of each individual organization using the software, and therefore is not subject of this document.
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
During work with the Site, technical non-personal information about the user such as the user’s IP address, address of another site the user came to the Site from, time of the visit, and browser type and language version, may be collected automatically. We may also collect and analyze navigational information, namely the address and path of the user through the Site, actions performed at the Site, jumps to and from inner links, etc.
Personal information of the User is collected only upon prior permission from the User to collect and use certain information within these rules. Giving such permission, the User supplies such information voluntarily.
“Personal information” includes:
- Information supplied by the user during registration at the Site, including the login, full name and e-mail. Midpoint Security collects additional information such as postal address and contact phone number;
- Information supplied by the User during purchase, such as copies of pre-purchase communication, purchase history, information provided during support requests, a billing and shipping address and the credit card number;
- Registered users also have an option to provide additional personal information such as address and phone number within their profiles. Each user can control what information is displayed publicly at “My Account” page.
- When contacting us, users may provide additional detail, like alternative methods of contact and communication (e.g. messenger ID in an email signature). This information may be stored as additional contact detail, and is considered to be supplied voluntarily.
Midpoint Security never requires users to provide genetic data, biometric data, information revealing racial or ethnic origin of users, their political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, and data concerning their health or sex life or sexual orientation.
Each user has the right to refuse the submission of personal information at any time. However, in this case, some functions and services offered at the Site may be degraded and/or made unavailable, in part or in its entirety.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Collection and use of the user’s personal information is performed by Midpoint Security for the following purposes:
- Creation, management and maintenance of an account;
- Processing of the User’s inquiries and operations at the Site, as well as any off-Site inquiries done by email, phone calls, chat services and/or other means of communication;
- Customer service and support, and identification of provided support information as belonging to certain user, project or responsible person at Midpoint Security;
- Data analysis and statistical research for the purposes of improving offered services, products or technologies;
- Provision and display of the content specially chosen in accordance with preferences and interests of the User;
- Maintenance of operation of interactive areas;
- Order processing and Payment of commission;
- Realization of communication and contacts on matters concerning transactions made by the User;
- Notification about new events, products and services to the Site User;
- Marketing communications for promotion and advertising of Midpoint Security’s and third-party products.
Midpoint Security will ask for user’s consent before using his/her personal information for a purpose other than listed in this Policy.
Midpoint Security collects personal information about its Users only, and does not require Users to provide Midpoint Security with personal information of any third persons.
Midpoint Security has the ability to send communications concerning transactions performed by the user, payment reminders and questions concerning purchase confirmation.
Users are free to select opt-out possibility to unsubscribe from promotional and advertising communications. Midpoint Security will not further send promotional and advertising messages once objection is received from a user. This one-click subscription is not available for transactional messages that are generally required. To opt-out of communications connected to transactions, users shall deactivate their accounts and inform Midpoint Systems by email [email protected].
Our promotional and advertising messages will always be clearly identified as promotional and/or advertising, and will always contain return e-mail address of Midpoint Security. This return e-mail address will be capable of receiving user communications for no less than 30 days after the transmission of the original message.
Personal information collected by Midpoint Security may be processed and stored in other countries at facilities belonging to Midpoint Security and/or legally used by Midpoint Security. Supplying Midpoint Security with the personal information, users permit its transfer outside the country within the bounds of such use, provided that privacy laws other countries where the information Is transferred may not be as protective as those in users’ jurisdiction.
3. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except in situations clearly stated within these rules, Midpoint Security does not disclose, sell, lease, lend, rent or make available personal information of the user to any third parties.
Users’ personal information can be disclosed and shared with partner agencies that render services on behalf of Midpoint Security. The services may include money transfer, data storage, reselling licenses, payment processing, etc. These third parties will receive only the information required to provide said specific services; the information will be kept and protected by the same principles and level of protection followed by Midpoint Security, and it cannot be used for any other purposes.
Information about users may also be passed and disclosed as a business asset in the case of acquisition, sale or absorption of the company. In this case, Midpoint Security will inform users in accordance with the procedure outlined below.
Midpoint Security reserves the right to disclose and pass personal information of the User if it is required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Site.
4. ACCESS TO OWN PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information indicated by the User at the Site can be reviewed and edited in the section «My Account — Profile». Alternatively, users may contact Midpoint Security at [email protected] and request a copy of information collected by Midpoint Security to be extracted and provided in a readable format. Midpoint Security will respond to such request without unreasonable delay.
We will retain users’ information for as long as their accounts are active or as needed to provide services to users.
Users shall contact us at [email protected] in order to cancel his or her account or request that we delete or no longer use their information to provide services. In this case, we will retain and use user’s information only to the extent, necessary to comply with our legal obligations, prevention of fraud, resolution of disputes and performance of our agreements.
The User can allow or forbid the use and acceptance of cookies on his/her computer. If cookies are blocked by the User, it may prevent the User from being able to register or perform other interactive functions of the Site, but it will not affect the User’s ability to perform general navigation within the Site.
6. PROTECTION OF THE USER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Midpoint Security actively monitors and enforces the information protection standards during all Midpoint Security’ activity, namely:
- Limitation of the rendered access to information only to those employees who need it for providing services to the User;
- Signature of confidentiality treaties by employees;
- Declaration of compliance or signature by partners and external companies invited for fulfillment of particular functions of confidentiality treaties and agreements concerning non-use of such information for any unauthorized purposes;
- Encryption of payment data such as credit card number using SSL technology through the use of our third-party payment gateway service providers;
- Storing of the personal information obtained from the User in encrypted form, at protected computers secured from unauthorized access.
Since there is no perfect secure method of protecting information during its storage, processing and transfer into electronic form, Midpoint Security does not give the full warranty of its complete safety, despite all efforts made by the company. If information of an account and personal data of the User are protected with a password, safety and nondisclosure of this password are responsibility of the User him/herself.
Users also have a right to lodge a complaint with competent supervisory authorities in countries of their residence or location should users consider that any of their privacy rights may be infringed by Midpoint Security.
7. OPEN ID CONTRIBUTOR
You can log in to our Site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID contributor. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign- up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on the Site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
8. MINOR USERS
Site, Site content and services are neither intended to be used by minors and persons under age of 18, nor designed and intended to willfully and knowingly collect, use, or disclose any personal information from minors and persons under age of 18. Midpoint Security will immediately remove personal information from children and/or search to obtain a verifiable parental consent for the collection use, or disclosure of personal information from children, once it will come to Midpoint Security’ attention that any personal information from children was submitted or collected through the Site.
The User confirms and warrants that he/she has reached the age of 18, has all the sufficient for usage of the Site and is bound by legal obligations sufficient for any liability that can appear as a result of usage of the Site files. The User agrees to bear full responsibility for all cases of the Site usage without distinction, as well as for use of his/her login and password by third parties including minors and persons under age of 18 living with him/her.
The Site pages can contain links to sites, services and functions of third parties, subsidiaries and affiliates that may use and conform to different rules and procedures of confidentiality provision from those stated here. Midpoint Security is not responsible for the policy of confidentiality of such resources.
Our Site may offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at [email protected].
11. SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS
Our Site includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook Like button, and Widgets, such as the Share This button, or interactive mini-programs that run on our Site. These Features may collect your Internet protocol address, which page(s) you are visiting on our Site, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Social Media Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Site. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
12. CHANGES TO THESE RULES
13. CONTACT US
Both users and persons who don’t use Midpoint Security services shall be free to contact Midpoint Security with any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding our privacy.
Disclaimer: the original, legally binding version of this document is written in English, and it is translated into other languages for the courtesy of our non-English-speaking users. If there are any discrepancies between the English version and a translated version, the English version supersedes the translated version.